We both know you'd already win
Once upon a time,
I used to go to you,
for company,
and a little sanity.
Once upon a time,
we use to hang around,
just talking about everything,
and nothing at all.
Once upon a time,
I used to let you in,
those doors I've shut,
I open them for you.
Once upon a time,
we'd spend our nights,
together side by side,
embraced in a warm hug.
Once upon a time,
was all that's left,
we're nothing more,
than another face in the crowd.
We're now strangers,
with a history.
I used to go to you,
for company,
and a little sanity.
Once upon a time,
we use to hang around,
just talking about everything,
and nothing at all.
Once upon a time,
I used to let you in,
those doors I've shut,
I open them for you.
Once upon a time,
we'd spend our nights,
together side by side,
embraced in a warm hug.
Once upon a time,
was all that's left,
we're nothing more,
than another face in the crowd.
We're now strangers,
with a history.