Nobody said we'll get hurt this way
I'm coping better with the predicament that just happened,
but at the same time I feel the pressure of being the sole breadwinner.
I guess this is my test from the Man above and that I will get through this.
But this is more real than anything else I've went through.
This is happening, happening to me and my family.
I thought this cancer won't get to me or my family,
but boy am I so wrong because it already existed.
I've been taking things for granted,
the fact that I think everyone in my family
is fucking bulletproof but I am wrong.
Who would have thought that I'll be spending my off days,
accompanying the old man who looks all vulnerable in this state.
Who would have thought that I'll be the one who,
for most times pretend that this doesn't bother me at all but it does?
I'm actually not that strong, but I try to cause mom needs it more.
But every night before I sleep, I break down because I've got nothing to turn to.
And every time before I sleep I tell myself I'm strong and all.
Every morning I fake the smile, I lie to myself,
and I go through each day like nothing have ever happened.
But I'm at the losing end and I'm... Not so strong anymore.