Now is your time to pick up all the pieces

The past eight months have been nothing but a hell of a ride.

Battled with the cancer as a family,
took the leap of faith and left a job for a new one,
and lost people I thought I could never live without.

Praise to God, I made it through.

Battling the cancer and still fighting strong,
embraced the fact that I can get out of my comfort zone,
and settled for less because less is indeed good.

I thought my family would break apart and tumble,
but little did I know that it made my relationship with my mom better.
Even if we're staying strong for the wrong reasons,
nothing else matters as long as we know we have each other.

I thought that I finally got a job that I like but "ain't for me",
but I fought through and surprise myself that indeed,
with all the motivation and encouragement from my friends,
I feel more confident with whatever I'm doing.
I'm still learning everyday and getting used to the responsibilities,
but the people at work have been such angels to guide me through.

And for less, less friends means less drama and def happiness.
I know I could always count on these handful of friends.
Always so supportive with all my life choices and never judging.
Sometimes I don't express to them how grateful  I am to have them,
but I pray to God everyday for these wonderful people's well being.

I can finally say things are picking up for me and I am blessed.
Through hardship will you recognize who your true friends are.
Your family will always be your pillar of strength, then your friends.

And to the Man above, you're above everything else.

Popular Posts